Sony introduces the XCI-SX1 equipped with a 1/2-type SXGA (1280x1024) progressive scan CCD. The camera has an embedded CPU and a 100Base-TX/10Base-T interface for network connectivity. Incorporating the high-performance and flexible AMD Geode TM GX533 processor and Linux® kernel, the XCI-SX1 is designed to allow integrators to install a variety of image processing software applications or to develop and apply customized applications to meet specific user needs. If preferred, the camera operating system can be replaced with Microsoft® Windows® XP Embedded* for flexible system integration with your Windows-based system.
Unlike conventional machine vision cameras, images captured by this intelligent camera is processed within the camera and the processed data is directly transmitted to a PC over a network. This camera eliminate the need for conventional image-processing systems and allows for simple setup and efficient factory workflow. With its high-performance, flexible integration, and versatile interfaces the durably designed XCI-SX1 Intelligent Camera is ideal for a wide range of machine vision applications such as object recognition, inspection, measurement, alignment, and more.
* Windows XP Embedded must be purchased separately from Microsoft Corporation. Contact your local Sony sales office or authorized dealer for instructions on how to obtain the camera driver software that runs on Windows XP Embedded.
High Performance 400MHz Geode GX533 Processor
- x86-compatible architecture
- 256MB main memory (DDR-SDRAM) and 1MB flash memory
- Integrated 128 MB Compact FlashTM memory card
- Low power consumption
- 100Base-TX/10Base-T interface for network operation
- Monitor output
- USB 1.1 interface
- RS-232C serial interface and digital input/output allow cameras to be connected with external equipment such as sensors, strobe lights, and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
1/2-type (XCI-SX1) Progressive Scan CCDs With Square Pixels
Linux or Microsoft Windows XP Embedded Support*
- XCI-SX1: SXGA (1280 x 1024) at 15 fps
Horizontal and Vertical Partial Scanning Function
- Allows users to select a specific scanning area to reduce data size and increase frame rate, which minimizes image processing time.
- Vertical binning combines image data for every two lines vertically to increase the frame rate, which minimizes image processing time.
- Horizontal binning combines image data for every two pixels horizontally, thereby increasing the sensitivity, and shortening the capture speed, which minimizes image processing time.
Accurate Image Capture Timing
- Equipped with an external trigger input and a trigger delay function of up to four seconds in 1 ms intervals, these cameras can accurately capture images of fast moving objects such as in production lines...
Compact and Lightweight
- 55 (W) x 55 (H) x 110 (D) mm (2 1/4 x 2 1/4 x 4 3/8 inches), 400 g (14 oz)
Easy Camera Settings
High Shock and Vibration Resistance
* The Linux kernel and camera driver are preinstalled in these cameras. Please contact your local Sony sales office or authorized dealer for information on converting the system to Windows XP Embedded.
- Camera Adaptor :
- 12-pin Camera Cable:
CCXC-12P05N (5 m)
CCXC-12P10N (10 m)
CCXC-12P25N (25 m)
Sony XCI Series Downloads
You may need to be logged in to have access to some documents.
*You may need to be logged in to have access to some documents.